Development Consent – New South Wales

Development Consent

In New South Wales, most development will require a development application to be lodged with the Council.

The application will be assessed under the Council’s Local Environmental Plan (LEP) and Development Control Plans (DCPs), as well as State Environmental Planning Policies (SEPPs).

The DCP will prescribe which applications require public notification.

The application may involve the use of land, the erection of buildings, site works and subdivision.

Lodging a Development Application in New South Wales

In New South Wales, an application for a Complying Development Certificate can be made where the development complies with State Environmental Planning Policy (SEPP).

The following SEPPs provide for:

  • Detached houses under State Environmental Planning Policy (Exempt and Complying Development Codes) 2008
  • Secondary Dwellings under State Environmental Planning Policy (Affordable Rental Housing) 2009
  • Dual Occupancy, Terraces and Manor Houses under State Environmental Planning Policy (Exempt and Complying Development Codes) 2009

PPLAN can advise whether your development can comply with the above standards.

PPLAN Town Planners for Town Planning Development Applications NSW VIC QLD

Do you have a development proposal?
Contact us for a Quote or Advice.

We can provide likely application fees and charges, how the process works and suggest changes and/or modifications that will increase your chances of success.

Email us your proposal details for a quote and advice.


Request Quote